I don't know what we'd be doing with ourselves this summer without our pool. It's literally like a sauna outside most days until the daily thunderstorms start. The girls love the pool and have made huge progress swimming this summer. I was late signing them up for swim lessons this summer, so they never got in this year. But they learned so much this summer, that I'm not sure how much they needed formal lessons. We're very 'safety conscious' with our pool given how dangerous they can be for young kids so we have a child gate around in, and, until recently, the girls swam with life vests.
Brooke has always been reserved and timid in the water (Ironic, given her 'no fear' personality), but a few weeks ago she asked to swim without her life vest. I reluctantly bought some fabric swimmies for the girls, but have no regrets now. Luci immediately started swimming around the pool. Of course she likes to keep her mouth open (silly girl). Brooke loves them and started swimming to me on her own. Now, she swims and jumps in 'like a big kid' without clinging to our necks anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment